½ Spanish Onion
6 Garlic cloves, crushed
3 red Cayenne Chillies
¼ cup Water for stir-frying
3 tbls Rice Bran oil for stir-frying
2 tbls Soy sauce
½ cup Basil
¼ cup cashews chopped dry-roasted
1 tbls Golden Mountain Sauce
2 tbls Vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cornflour mixed with 2 tbls water
- Prepare the sauce by mixing together all sauce ingredients except Cornflour. Prepare the cornflour and water mixture in a separate cup or bowl. Set both aside.
- Chop Eggplant into bite-size pieces
- Place 2-3 Tbls Oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the Onion, half of the Garlic, Chilli, and Eggplant. Save the rest of the Garlic for later.
- Stir-fry for 5 mins. When the wok or frying pan becomes dry, add a little of the enough to keep the ingredients frying nicely.
- Add 2 Tbls Soy sauce and continue stir-frying for 5 mins, or until the Eggplant is soft and the white flesh is almost translucent. Add a little more Water when the pan becomes too dry.
- When the Eggplant is soft, add the rest of the garlic plus the sauce. Stir fry to incorporate.
- Lastly, add the Cornflour/water mixture. Stir well so that the sauce thickens uniformly. Remove from heat.
- Slide onto a serving platter and sprinkle the rest of the Basil over top and chopped nuts, if desired. Serve with jasmine Rice.