375 gm Butter
1 cup white Sugar
2 tsp Lemon rind grated
2 tsp Orange rind grated
9 Egg yolks
5 Egg whites
150 gm Potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
2 cups raw Cashew nuts, unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a spring form cake tin with butter.
- In a deep bowl, cream the Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the mashed Potatoes, ground Cashew nuts, Lemon and Orange zest.
- Add the Egg yolks one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, beat the Egg whites until stiff peaks and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Pour the batter in the buttered cake tin and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for an hour or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Remove the sides and using a metal spatula slide the cake off the base and onto a wire rack.