VEGAN THAI GREEN CURRY
½ cup SHASHEMANE GREEN THAI CURRY PASTE
440 ml can Coconut milk
1 cup Vegetable stock
2 Kaffir lime leaves
1 ½ cups firm Tofu cut 1 cm cubes
240 gm Sweet potato small cubed
140 gm small Zucchini, sliced
120 gm Red Capsicum, diced
80 gm Snow peas
3 tbls Rice Bran oil for frying
- Place SHASHEMANE GREEN THAI CURRY PASTE ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add 140 ml Coconut milk to blend ingredients. Process well.
- Heat a wok over medium-high head. Drizzle in Oil and add paste. Stir-fry until fragrant 2 mins.
- Add stock plus Lime leaves. When sauce comes to a gentle boil, reduce heat to medium-low simmer. Add Sweet potato & Tofu, simmer 7-10 mins, or until Sweet potato is soft enough to pierce with a skewer.
- Finally, add Capsicum and Zucchini. Stir and continue cooking for 5 more minus, or until vegetables are cooked but still retain their colour and form.
- Reduce heat to low and add about 1/4 cup coconut milk. Stir to dissolve and do a taste-test. If not salty enough, add more soy sauce or salt. If too salty, add a little fresh lime juice. If too spicy, add more coconut milk until desired taste is reached.
- To serve, transfer to a large serving bowl or individual bowls. Sprinkle generously with fresh basil. Accompany with Thai jasmine Rice.