PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RUNDOWN
Coconut Rundown Sauce
2 tbls Oil
120 gm Onion, finely chopped
1 Red Capsicum, finely chopped
2 Scotch Bonnets finely chopped
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 tsp Thyme
500 ml Coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken
3 tbls Oil
6 Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
¼ Pineapple, cut into 1 cm chunks
1/2 cup Cream —
Salt and pepper — to taste
- Add the 2 tbls of Oil to a large saucepan and heat over medium flame. Add the Onion, Capsicum, Scotch Bonnets, Garlic and Thyme sauté until cooked through but not browned, about 5 to 7 mins.
- Add coconut milk, Salt and Pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to very low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and reduced to about half its original volume, around 30 mins.
- While the sauce is simmering, toss the Chicken with the 3 tbls of oil and grill it until brown on both sides.
- Cut the browned chicken into bite-sized chunks and put it in with the rundown sauce, Pineapple chunks and heavy Cream. Add a little water if needed to loosen up the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 mins to cook the Chicken through. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve with Rice and boiled green Bananas.