Goat, International Cuisine, Nigeria
- 1.2kg Goat meat
- 2 Habaneros
- 100 gm Onion
- 3 tsp Vegeta
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Salt (to taste)
- 40 ml Rice Bran oil
- Black Pepper
- 100 gm onion
- 100 gm green Capsicum
- 100 gm Red Capsicum
- 3 tsp SHASHEMANE NIGERIAN TSIRE SPICE
- Cut the Goat meat into big chunks.
- Wash and put the Goat meat chunks in a bowl.
- Add the Thyme and Black Pepper, crush and add the Vegeta.
- Mix the spices and the Goat meat by gently rubbing with your hands.
- Cover the bowl with a thin film. Put in the fridge and leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
- Pound the Habaneros and set aside.
- Cut 1 onion into 4 big chunks.
MAKING THE ASUN
- After about 1 hour, put the meat in a pot
- Pour Water to just half of the level of the Goat meat, add the big chunks of Onion and start cooking at medium heat. You do not want a lot of water because you want the water to dry up by the time the Goat meat is well done.
- When the Goat meat is well done, remove the Onions and add Salt to taste.
- Increase the heat to high and stir constantly till all the remaining liquid in the pot is absorbed. You don’t want to lose any flavour by pouring away the Goat meat stock.
- Lay the Goat meat flat on a baking tray.
- Grill in the oven at 180°C till the meat is brown all over. You will need to turn them from time to time. The meat should not be dry. This takes a maximum of 15 mins in my oven.
- While you are grilling the meat, wash, cut and thread the Capsicums, and the remaining onion on toothpicks.
- When the meat it well grilled heat the vegetable Oil in a dry clean pot.
- Add the Chilli and the thick stock from cooking the meat (if any) and fry for a bit.
- Add the grilled Goat meat.
- Stir well till the Chilli is evenly distributed though the Goat meat, Serve with Rice topped with the SHASHEMANE NIGERIAN TSIRE SPICE